United States Society on Dams (USSD)1616 Seventeenth Street
Denver, CO 80202303-628-5430http://ussdams.org
United States Society on Dams (USSD)
U.S. Society on Dams
To be the nation's leading organization of professionals dedicated to advancing the role of dams for the benefit of society.
USSD is dedicated to:
- Advancing the knowledge of dam engineering, construction, planning, operation, performance, rehabilitation, decommissioning, maintenance, security and safety;
- Fostering dam technology for socially, environmentally and financially sustainable water resources systems;
- Providing public awareness of the role of dams in the management of the nation’s water resources;
- Enhancing practices to meet current and future challenges on dams; and
- Representing the United States as an active member of the International Commission on Large Dams (ICOLD).