HydroVision Brasil 2012 and its flagship media publications Hydro Review and HRW-Hydro Review Worldwide are pleased to announce the introduction of a “Projects of the Year” awards program.
Winners of the awards will be unveiled during the closing awards luncheon on Thursday, 27 September, during the HydroVision Brasil event. The HydroVision Brasil conference and exhibition is Sept. 25-27, 2012, at the Riocentro Exhibition and Convention Center in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
We cordially invite you to submit a project nomination by the September 7, 2012, deadline in one or more of the seven awards categories: Click here to submit a nomination!
• Dam or Civil Works Construction or Rehabilitation
• Environmental Sustainability
• New (Greenfield) Development (10-100 MW)
• New (Greenfield) Development (101-20,000 MW)
• Project Financial Closing
• Project Refurbishment/Modernization
• Small Hydro (less than 10 MW)
The judges select winners based on these criteria:
• Ingenuity and Innovation (i.e., innovative approach to solving a problem)
• Benefits to the project owner/developer, its customers and the power industry as a whole
• Clarity of the written project description
Project/implementation (or significant phases of a phased rollout) must have been completed by July 1, 2012.
While projects started prior to 2012 qualify for award consideration, some work on the project must have occurred in 2012. Projects in locations throughout the world are eligible to apply.
Project nominations should include a completed entry form along with a description of the project (1,000 words maximum).
Project description must include history of the project, project details, major participants (customer, vendor, consultants, etc.), and reasons the project should be considered for Project of the Year. Include significant dates (contract signing, project start, project completion/go-live date) in the project description.
Award winners will be recognized in an official award ceremony during the closing luncheon of HydroVision Brasil. Award winners are requested to provide PennWell with high-resolution photos/graphics/artwork for the awards presentation.
NOTE: HydroVision Brasil will be located with PennWell’s inaugural DistribuTECH Brasil conference and exhibition. By co-locating the two events, attendees can learn about the Brazilian and Latin American electricity industry from generation to transmission to distribution.
HydroVision Brasil and Hydro Review/HRW-Hydro Review Worldwide Magazines
- 1,300 companies from throughout the world
- 6,000 hydro products and services
- Search for a specific company, product or service
Hydropower Research Data from PennEnergy’s Research Team
Renewable Energy - Hydro Power Generation
Online Access to Conference Papers and Presentations
Gain access to presentations from 2010 to 2012 Hydrovision International
Access a library of documents related to hydroelectric facilities and dams