The International Hydropower Association has elected a new board of directors.
Nearly 1,200 votes were cast by mail, an all-time high, the association said.
The successful candidates are:
• Dr Refaat Abdel-Malek - Vice Chairman, MWH Global Inc.
• Mr Ken Adams - Senior Vice President, Power Supply, Manitoba Hydro
• Mr Bjarni Bjarnason - CEO, Landsvirkjun Power Ltd
• Mr Antonio Cardoso - Executive Technical Director, Itaipu Binacional
• Mr Philippe Cochet - President, Alstom Hydro Power
• Mr Jean-Michel Devernay - Deputy Managing Director, EDF Hydro Engineering Centre
• Mr S. K. Garg - Chairman & Managing Director, NHPC Limited
• Mr Roger Gill - Managing Director & Principal Consultant, Hydro Focus Pty Ltd
• Dr Dominik Godde - Managing Director, E.ON Wasserkraft GmbH
• Mr Jon Ulrik Haaheim - Vice President Power Generation, Statkraft
• Mr Rasim Khaziakhmetov - Member of the Management Board, JSC 'RusHydro'
• Mr Lin Chuxue - Vice President, China Three Gorges Project Corporation
• Mr Gil Maranhão Neto - Director of Business Development, GDF Suez Energy Brazil/ Tractebel Energia S.A.
• Dr Terry Moss - General Manager, Eskom Holdings Pty Ltd
• Dr Roland Muench - President & CEO, Voith Hydro Holding GmbH & Co. KG
• Mr Israel Phiri - Manager, OPPPI, Ministry of Water and Energy Development, Zambia
• Ms Nadia Sood - Executive Vice President, SN Power Invest AS
• Ms Myriam Truchon - Head of Government Affairs and Strategic Planning, Hydro Québec